Monday, March 4, 2013

I only did Acid twice......or.....is this really my Mothers foot?


I only did Acid twice....ok...maybe 3 times but that was enough.....I was 15 the first time........they say the first time is always the best......for Acid this is probably true......for sex...not so much...the first time I had sex I was frightened.....perhaps because I was alone and in the dark....but hey...who wasn't....but I digress....

The first time I did Acid was with Mike Demontmerency.....Indian, as he was known was a very cool guy......He always seemed to have a handle on the situation.......which was comforting as I often did not.......

Where I grew up there was no teen club...no Wii, Internet or other such shit.....we had our own wits and wiles and a steady supply of drugs to entertain us in our formative years.......

One night, Indian asked me if I wanted to drop Acid.....Purple blotter micro-dot.....great name...not sure what the difference it was from Orange micro dot etc but hey....in for a penny...in for a pound...

Mike suggested I take half a hit....it was apparently good stuff....

We were hanging out at Marigold park in front of Kelly Fishers house.......just another Saturday night.....

We dropped the acid and about an hour later we were very high.........now, unless you have dropped acid in your life ....to describe an acid trip is a difficult thing....it is part intellectual.....and almost religious....... it makes you explore ideas and connections that the normal waking mind doesn't........it is also quite physical......you move like you always have but you feel like your movement is not being controlled in the normal manner.......hmmm......hard to explain...but in general......it is fun....thought provoking and an experience I am glad I had....

Now would I want my kids to try it....?....probably not.....don't know why I say that for sure......but I think they have enough on their plate without it....

However....After the first 3 or 4 hours on an acid trip it usually becomes apparent you will need to go home sooner or later and that you're unlikely to be be unstoned for oh...I don't know....a couple of days!

So about Midnight I headed home.....creeping in the back door .....the parents were asleep....bonus....I could sneak into my basement bedroom......crawl into bed and trip out......all good.....into the bedroom I go.... taking off my clothes........butt naked I climbed into bed and turned off the lights........whoa....soemthing was happening here......colours, radiating light...this was going to be wild........

It struck me as unlikely that I was going to sleep anytime soon........I will be awake for a while....hmmm........might as well enjoy this......

As a teen I had a stereo...I only say this as a note to understand that in 1975 a personal stereo was not a given....no I-pods or even a dumbassWalkmans....just a turntable, receiver and speakers...and if you were lucky....headphones....! ...Oh and albums....round 12 inch vinyl things that my kids look at now and wonder how music came from there....much as we look at a tiny I-pod and wonder how 2000 songs are inside........for free...?

I had headphones....so I could play an album and revel in my own Private Idaho..........what music to choose....hmm.....the only album that made any sense was Tommy by The Who......The Overture...The Acid Queen....Pinball Wizard....Perfect...!

I put on the headphones.....dropped the needle and listened.....the music was amazing......it seemed to become part of my body...the music was not only heard......but felt....

Side 1, side 2, side 3 and halfway through side 4.....all was good in the magic kingdom....except I had to pee.....

I hadn't counted on this........peeing was, under normal circumstances, a fairly routine endeavor....really nothing much to it.......but under Acid.......a whole new experience....

I got out of the bed and turned on the light....this was a mistake....my nakedness was glaring in its whiteness....Gawd I was white...I looked like the underside of a Beluga whale...all white and puffy....and did I mention naked....not easy to comprehend while seriously stoned...

Ok...I can handle this....I can pee....ok....gotta get some clothes on.....picked up the shirt that was lying on the floor and immediately was fascinated with its design and patterns....ok....can't put this on.....pants...yeah the pants......one leg in......ok...now balance on one leg and lift the other to put in the other leg of the jeans.......hmmm...not going to happen....

Ok......forget the clothes....what time is it....3 a.m. !...okokok....I know.....the parents will be asleep......so if I am really quiet I should be able to get upstairs without waking them......then open the door at the top of the stairs....and ....and ...and get down the dark hallway to the bathroom.......

So I snuck like a thief to the top of the stairs......ever so stealthily I opened the door........In the silence....in my nakedness....and in myotherworldly state of mind.....the darkness of the hallway leading to the bathroom became a roadblock....what if I stumble....?....go in the wrong door.......? what happens if I overshoot the bathroom and end up in the sewing room and get caught in there by my Mom........? stark naked amongst the fabric swatches........I could foresee trouble....

ok....I know what....brilliant....I am fucking brilliant.....I know what I will do...I will get on my hands and knees.....shuffle down the carpeted hallway....the first doorway on the left is the linen closet......don't want to pee in there....but the second doorway leads to the bathroom....that's where I want to go.......

So I crouched down and onto all fours.......I started to shuffle down the hallway....my left hand feeling the edge of the wall....for some reason I was reminded of Patty Duke in the Hellen Keller story...almost spasmodic in my hand action...but I guess effective......ok....back on the plan...

ok...1st door...perfect Linen closet....don't want to go in there.......feel the wall, feel the wall....getting close...on all fours...naked...middle of the night....almost about to touch the bathroom door jam.....touch, touch touch.....soft.....fleshy...boney......I was feeling someones foot.....Oh my Gawd.....a foot....click!!...the hall light goes on and there I am naked on all floors, 3 in morning and I am touching my mothers foot....!

"What the hell are you doing..." She shrieks......ok...gotta think fast on this one....can't really stand up and talk my way out of this...can't really just stay here either.....ok....think...think....ok..bathroom dorr......open.....leap....

Like a Springbok I made a leap into the open bathroom door....closing it behind me and locking it....the bathroom light blazing...I was staring into the mirror....freaking out....

My mother was on the other side of the bathroom door...screeching..." Why were you in all fours and naked in the hallway....do you know its 3 in the morning......what the hell are you doing...?"

I was at a loss for a good excuse.....hadn't anticipated this scenario.......

"I had to pee...."...partly true....would she buy it........"Why were you naked on your hands and knees...?".....

Umm...think...think....." Didn't want to wake you...."

Silence from the other side...........she was stumped on that one.......

Now I knew she was a cagey old bird....she may have momentarily been stunned into silence but she was definitely not going back to bed without eyeballing me up........I can't very well just waltz out there naked and chat her up.....

Peach bath towels.......fucking Peach colored bath towels..!.....it'll have to do......ok...wrap it around my waist....just like James Bond coming out of the shower to eyeball up his latest conquest except....different....I was wrapped in a fucking Peach colored towel...stoned on Acid...at 3 a.m.....and was going to open the door to talk with my mother...the mongrel dwarf....clad from head to toe in flannel......not quite like JB...

Ok.....open the door.....confront the dwarf....ok...the Momster....ok...Mom....." ..casual now...don't blow it....(not that I hadn't already...)

"hey.....how are you..." that seems casual.....

"What the hell are you up to?"........ummm......." I had to pee...."...

"Why are you without clothes...?".......hmmm......that was a good question.....best plan of attack....say nothing.....so that's what I did....got out the door...said I had to pee...was asked a question and stood stone still....and unable to speak..........would this tactic work......

She was again stunned........"Ok....go to bed....."......I did......"Night I said...."

"Night........"

No comments:

Post a Comment